This page contains a collection of Mission Statements from various children’s ministry leaders around the world to assist you in developing your own.To provide children with the tools they need for faith in Jesus Christ, a desire to be obedient to Him, and a love for Him that will remain throughout their lifetime.
–Nanette Stevens, Skyline Baptist Church
Guiding children to learn, believe, accept and share God’s Word.
–Will Rogers, United Methodist Church, Tulsa, OK
Equipping kids to know, grow, and show God’s love!
–Chad McGinnis, First Assembly of God, Palatka, FL
The children’s ministry exists to help those in our care know God and grow to become like His Son, Jesus Christ.
To accomplish our purpose we seek…
1. To fill children’s minds with the Word of God so they will grow to think the way God thinks and live the way God has commanded.
2. To establish in children habits of godly living ad a daily lifestyle.
3. To create a Christian Community of children and adults who enjoy life together as a family and who are committed to Jesus Christ and to each other.
4. To help children build proper relationships to the authorities in their lives.
5. To help children trust Christ as Savior, to submit to Him and to live as Christian’s at home, at school, at play or wherever they are.
6. To build Christian homes by encouraging families and training them in their tasks.
7. To make each child’s experience at church safe, fun and profitable in the process of growing to become everything God has planned.
–Pastor Ken Hipsley, Hunter Hills Baptist Church
Our Goal at YOUNG LIFE is:
To help equip the children with the knowledge and tools to stand firm in a dying world.
Hebrews 13:21, 2 Peter 3:18
To instruct, encourage and help guide them into freely worshiping and praising our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Chronicles 16:9
To help teach the children how to apply the Word to their daily lives. Proverbs 2:1-5
To teach that prayer and communion with the Father is the first thing to turn to in all situations. Matthew 6:33
To help turn their hearts toward the ONLY person that can supply all their needs. Philippians 4:19
During his youth years, Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. Luke 2:52
1. Jesus grew in wisdom… …relates to intellectual growth
2. and stature…. ..relates to physical growth
3. and in favor with God……relates to spiritual growth
4. and men……relates to social growth
These words stress a four part growth process that we diligently try to develop in each person in Young Life.
–Marilyn McLaren, Gulf Coast Foursquare Church, Hitchcock, TX
Helping children, conception to sixth grade, glorify God and grow to their full potential in Christ by partnering with parents in knowing, involving, developing, and serving.
K Knowing God and His Word
I Involving in Friendship and Fellowship
D Developing Ministry Gifts
S Serving in the church and community
We call our children’s ministries KIDS and our slogan is Helping KIDS along The Way.
Each of our programs and activities are designed to help us accomplish our mission; for example: Junior Bible Quiz is a program that enhances Bible memory and Biblical knowledge — that fits our K and so on… A mission is a great help in focusing our programming.
–Fay Niemann, Muldoon Community Assembly, Anchorage, AK
Our mission is to help each child discover their God-given potential through Christ-like attitudes, servanthood and discipling.
We have also determined our values to support this purpose:
* We value equipping children with Biblical truths in a fun and creative way
* We value the giftings and the hearts of those who are committed to serve our children
* We value a safe place for all of our children: emotionally, physically and spiritually.
* We value our pastors and desire to provide opportunities for our children to know and honor them
* We value mentoring through relationship and example
–Trisha Wilson, Northview Christian Life Church, Carmel, IN
Children are Treasured at First Friends Church
… to meet children at their level of development
… to teach them the love of Christ and the joy of His forgiveness and salvation
… to help them learn the truth of His Word
… to encourage their growth within the body of Believers
Our Vision for Children:
… that they will know Christ
… understand His Word
… grow in their own spiritual walk
… be able to share the love of Christ with others
We use the Children are Treasured at First Friends statement as much as possible, in brochures, publications, and in spoken communication, too. In orientation and training sessions with the leaders, we talk about what it means to treasure children, and how would that affect what we do and how we do it. It has been very effective.
–Marva Hoopes, First Friends Church, Canton, OH
To teach children that Jesus is the only way, truth and life
To “train up children in the way that they should go, so that when they are old they will not depart”
To raise up children that will be earth changers and history makers
To encourage children to grow and develop to their maximum potential, teaching them who and what they are in Christ
To instill Godly values and morals in their lives, enabling them to be a light to both the nation and
–Joanne P. Eva, Victory Christian Church, Chiselhurst; East London; South Africa
YOUR VISION IS YOUR ONLY LIMITATION
(You Can Add Your Vision Statements by using the Comments section below!)